I never read so many books as when I’m writing one. Instead of a bibliography, I’ve created a Goodreads bookshelf that lists my sources of inspiration for Intertwingled. And if you’re looking for something really good to read, here are ten of my favorites.
- The Ethnographic Interview by James P. Spradley.
- Mistakes Were Made (But Not By Me) by Carol Tavris.
- Thinking in Systems by Donella Meadows.
- The Corporate Culture Survival Guide by Edgar Schein.
- The Tell-Tale Brain by V. S. Ramachandran.
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.
- Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.
- The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert.
- Making Sense of the Organization by Karl Weick.
- The Battle for the Life and Beauty of the Earth by Christopher Alexander.
- I’m speaking about The Architecture of Understanding in Sunnyvale in October.
- You can catch the same talk as a free webcast via O’Reilly Media in November.